Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Love is...

I was very lucky to be able to marry my best friend. We met when my roommate took me to play poker at some old high school friend's apartment. It was the beginning of my sophomore year, and I was just coming out of a period of depression because of some past relationships, so getting out was exactly what I needed. I was not looking for a relationship of any sort at that time, I just wanted to have a good year with my friends. 

There didn't seem to be anything special about that night, but little did I know the relationship I formed with a guy who say's he let me win in poker (I really did kick his butt) would end up being my husband one day. 

Warning: If you're not into gushy things, or open deceleration of love you probably don't want to read this...

Love is...

...still opening every door for me even though chivalry is dead. 

...getting me a glass of water even if it's 3 in the morning (I love my water).

...cleaning my hair out of the shower drain.

...bringing me home shrimp en fuego from work because he knows it's my favorite dish at Outback.

...driving to Asheville from Boone at 5am just because he missed me. 

...always having caffeine free diet coke in the fridge.

...changing poopie diapers.

...giving me a kiss first thing in the morning before I've brushed my teeth. 

...being my number one blog fan.

...supporting my decision to pursue photography even though I'm about to graduate with a degree not even  close to photography.

...not laughing at me when I get scared of storms.

...keeping his cool when I can get a little angry.

...never raising his voice at me.

...getting up with Kynlee when she wakes up so I can sleep in a few more hours. 

...not complaining when I don't shave my legs for a few weeks...hey I'm a mom!

...pretending to love my new post-baby body, even though I don't.

...agreeing to watch a chick flick even though he hates 99% of them.

...saving the biggest piece of pizza for me.

....enjoying himself when we go shopping (or at least pretending to). 

...laughing at my lame jokes.

....dealing with my clothes on the floor in the closet, even though he can be OCD.

...giving Kynlee a bath so I can have 15 minutes of alone time.

...already picking out our future children's names.

...never complaining about being a full-time dad, a full-time student, and full-time employee.

I could go on for days, but I'll put an end to this mush-fest for those of you that are gagging. What can I say? I got very lucky when Corey came into my life.

For those of you wondering what true love is, it's this...












1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a NEW follower

    I also wanted to give you the Stylish Blog Award...

    Stylish Blogger Award

    Rules for accepting this award are:
    1. Thank & link back to the person who awarded you this.

    2. Share 7 things about yourself.

    3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.

    4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their Blog Award!

    You can get the award off of my post, just save it as a pic ; )
    http://maternalbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...