Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to meee...

22 years ago yesterday, this world was blessed when I entered into it =) I'm only kidding. I can't believe I am 22. Even more, I can't believe I am 22 with a husband and child. I have lived a very blessed 22 years, and I can't wait to see what the next 22 years will hold. 

My birthday started off rough though! Kynlee didn't sleep at all the night before. She woke up every hour to two hours, then woke up at 5:30am and wouldn't go back to sleep (she usually wakes up at 9:30). Corey really tried to help out, but I knew he had an exam in a few hours, so I sacrificed my birthday excuse and took her into the living room to the rocker until she went back to sleep. I was finally able to lay her back down at 8, but she didn't stay that way long. I guess she just wanted to start my birthday off early!



I was already tired when the day began, and it only got worse after that. Apparently Boone was in the middle of a hurricane yesterday. We got tons of rain, and some flooding. It seemed like every time we needed to go outside, it rained harder, if that's even possible. I guess the weatherman didn't care that it was my birthday.

Most of you know that we have been trying to get Kynlee into childcare for months. We have been on waiting lists since last January! I asked Corey if he would give all of the facilities another call to see how the lists were moving. 

Bad idea... Every place kept telling us different things. One time we were next in line, and would have a spot in October, but yesterday they told us we were 3rd! It was looking like March would be the earliest we could get her in anywhere. 

I was starting to freak out! We couldn't plan our class schedules around each other next semester, so we were relying on getting a spot. 

I started to lay out all of our options, and it seemed like taking a semester off was the only thing we could do. 

What a day right?  

Alas, there is good news! I received an e-mail from someone who was interested in our apartment. A few days ago he told me that his subleaser fell through, so it wouldn't work out. But yesterday he said everything worked out, so he will be ready to move in January 1st! So hopefully in a few weeks, we will be in a better place. Just pray for us, that this doesn't fall through. 

A few minutes later we heard even better news. A childcare facility called us back, and said their next two people in line had not called them back wanting a spot, so they gave it to us! Kynlee can start anytime after Monday.

I know I should be excited about this, but I absolutely do not want to take her to child care. I wasn't ready for this so soon. I'm dreading it actually. I know it has to be done though. This place seems like a good fit for her, and I'm sure she will be fine. I think it will be harder on me than it will be for her. So keep the prayers coming that Kynlee will do well in child care. 

Even though the rain never stopped yesterday, what started off as a crappy birthday actually turned out pretty good. I just hope the apartment and child care facility work out for us!


{I found her like this after her nap..look at that face!)



1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahah I LOVE THAT FACE! :) It made me chuckle lol. And I'm so happy things are working out for you guys! Miss K will be fine!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...