Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life Lately...

I know this has been a long time coming, but I am sitting down for the third time to write this update. For the first attempt, I had an awesome update, but decided to edit, and proof-read after my class. Instead of minimizing, I accidentally exited the browser, and there went all of my hard work. So I decided to sit down again and try to re-create, from memory, everything that I said, only to have my computer crash half-way through. Annoying as it is to sit down and write the same post for the third time, I will update this thing for everyone!

First, let me apologize for the boring emptiness that is my page. If you haven't noticed, I've been changing the background a lot lately. I'm a very picky, visual person, and I like to have things the exact way I want it. So I keep playing around with different backgrounds, and I will probably do this until I find something I like. Sorry if it's bothersome. 

Second, I want to apologize for not keeping up with this lately, but I will throw out the mommy card again, because that is always my best excuse. Life has been busy, and when I did have free time, I decided to relax or take a nap. Sorry for being so selfish =)

I'm going to try and share everything that has happened lately, so this could turn out to be a really long post, if so then sit down, buckle up, and enjoy. If it's not, then I am over-estimating how exciting my life really is. So in no specific order, here it goes:

1.  Last week, my dear friend Rupert passed away. Before you go sending me cards, and flowers, you should know Rupert was my car. 

Rupert was the best gay car I could ever ask for. Yes, he was gay, but I'm not going to judge him for that, and I'm going to ask that you don't either. I literally cried when we drove away from him for the last time. I'm really going to miss him, but all good things must come to an end. But with the end of something old, comes the beginning of something new. After Rupert's death, I entered into the world of car shopping. For most people, like my 
husband, this isn't a very pleasurable experience. But I've been very fortunate to find the perfect car for a good deal, on the first day of shopping, every time. I really wanted to find a big SUV, with third row 
seating (for all the future baby Mosers), but that wasn't really possible with my budget right now. 
I also didn't want a manual transmission. I have been driving a stick-shift for the past four years, and it was beginning to drive me bonkers! It even made me start 
using words like bonkers. We ended up getting a really good deal on a 2008 Jeep Patriot. 
I think I'll name him Gunther. So far, Gunther has been good to me. He's not as big as Rupert, and no one recognizes me when I drive around town, but I do loooovee driving an automatic again. So getting a new car was fun!

2. This past weekend we took our first family vacation to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, for Halloween. Corey's mom took us, My sister and brother-in-law, and their children, for Corey's 23rd birthday. We were worried about how Kynlee would adjust to a different scenery, and being stuck in the car seat a lot, but she was amazing the whole weekend. When we're at home, she doesn't nap a lot during the day, and it's a battle to get her to sleep at night. Don't even think about trying to lay her down before 10pm, it's such a pain. She did so good staying in the car seat a lot, and she loved being put in the Sleepy Wrap to walk around downtown Gatlinburg. We would usually get back to the hotel room around 9, and let her socialize with everyone for a little bit before heading to our room. She would lay on the bed with us for a few minutes to play, but she passed out within minutes, every time. She didn't even wake up to be moved to her pack-n-play, and only woke up once at night to eat. Who knew we would be getting so much sleep on vacation, it was amazing. The weekend was fun, and she looked so stinkin cute in her Halloween outfits. 









Well friends, I know I promised a big update, but Miss Kynlee decided she is ready to go to bed, so I'm going to take this opportunity to sleep myself. I promise I will finish this tomorrow, but I want to post this before I lose it for a third time. Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...