Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Even though we had to take Kynlee to get her shots this morning, today turned out to be a pretty good day. Kynlee did great with her shots, I got to register for class, and we got a nice surprise!

Kynlee slept so good last night. She fell asleep at midnight, then woke up at 7:30 to eat! That was a nice little surprise. When she woke up, I set an alarm to wake up an hour later to get her ready for her doctor appointment at 9:40. I open my eyes sometime later, in a panic, to see that it's 9:32. So I threw the covers off of Corey, and started to freak out. He told me I should call the office and try to get a later appointment, but I was determined to make it on time. 

I threw on jeans with the shirt I slept in, and changed Kynlee in a record 45 seconds, all while Corey had the audacity to waste time brushing his teeth! I am proud to say we walked in the door at 9:41 am. Oh yeaaah!

The doctor said Kynlee is looking very healthy. She now weighs 13lbs 5oz, and she is 24.5in long! She was below average at her first couple of check-ups, but now she is very average!

The good news didn't last long, because we had to give her shots. I was prepared to cry along with her, but she did so good. She only cried for a few seconds, and not as loud as the decibel she reached last time. Then she was her normal happy self as soon as I picked her up. Mommy was so proud. 

After we got home, I gave her some Tylenol just in case she felt any pain, nursed her, then laid her down for a nap, which lasted 4 hours. She was one tired baby!

While she was sleeping, I was trying to get prepared for class registration. I've been working with my advisor on which minor I should choose. Originally, my minor was going to be exercise science, but I still needed 4 classes to complete that requirement, which is pretty much an entire semester. But after looking over my check sheet, I discovered that I was only two classes away from having a sociology minor. 

I also decided that I wanted to take a lot of hours next semester so I could get done even sooner. So I requested to take 19 hours instead of the maximum of 18. This means after next semester, I only have 3 classes left to take, one over the summer, and two next fall semester. With my major, I am required to complete 320 hours of an internship, only after I have finished all of my classes. But I have talked to my advisor, and she thinks I can get an wavier to do my internship while I take my last two classes. So I am proud to say I will officially be done next December!

I honestly thought I was going to be in school forever. I have dropped so many classes, and I have retaken 2. Not to mention I had a freaking baby! I can't believe I will be done sooner than I thought. 

I was so relieved when I found all of this out. Now I just have to figure out how to manage 19 hours next semester. These are the classes I am taking:

 1. Chem 2 
 2. Chem 2 lab
 3. Appalachian Music
 4. History of Rock Music (so excited for this one!)
 5. Sociology of the Family
 6. World Literature
       and either....
   Social Deviance
   Sociology of Appalachian Communities
   or
   Health Promotion Interventions. 

I know it seems like a random group of classes...well, okay, it is. But the music classes are for my humanities, and all the others are for my major and minor. Hopefully we'll have childcare next semester. If we don't....well I really don't want to think negative thoughts like that, because honestly, we'll be screwed!

I wanted to share one more thing with everyone. If you haven't already seen it, you need to go to my Facebook page and watched the video titled "Documentary." A friend of mine asked if he and his partner could film Corey and I with Kynlee for a project. I was a little cautious at first, only because of how busy I already was, but I am so happy we decided to do it. It turned out so good, they did such a great job. This will be something special we can show Kynlee when she gets older. I only wish it was longer, because I didn't want to stop watching it! I would have posted it on here, but I couldn't figure it out. 

Well, I am going to go love on my baby girl. I hope everyone has a good evening. And remember all of our Veterans who have served, are serving, or have given their lives for this country. They are the reason I can have such a wonderful family like I do. Happy Veterans Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...