Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sorry it has been a while since my last post, but I have a busy life! Some good things, as well as some discouraging things, have happened since you last heard from me, I'll share the good news first. I'm about 98% sure we are free of colic! It has been an entire week since I have heard the colicky screams from Kynlee, and we couldn't be more relieved. She still has her moments where she can get a little fussy, but it's no where close to where it was. I can now sit her down at night without her wanting to be walked around, which means more rest, and time to do things for mommy. I realize that some people will give me their parenting advice whether I ask for it or not, but that doesn't mean I want to hear it. The worst is when people would tell me that my child doesn't have colic, that she is just spoiled, and wants to be held all of the time. I'm sorry, but my daughter isn't even three months old yet, I'm not going to let her just sit there and cry until she loses her voice. My heart aches when she is crying like that, and I want to soothe her the best way I know which is holding her close to me. Being walked and bounced around just happened to be the best solution to colic some nights. I have read in many places that a baby under 4 months isn't even capable of being spoiled. So now that she is over it, and happy not being held all the time I can finally prove that she is not, and has never been, spoiled! Wow sorry! I realize this is also a great place for me to go on a rant. But I promise that's over...... well, until I have something else that is getting on my nerves. I'm sorry, it's just hard as a new mother having tons of different people telling me things that makes me doubt my capability as a parent, when I know I am a great mother!

Now that I have shared the good news, I guess I have to share the bad. We still haven't had anyone interested in our apartment, I guess that's because they are smarter than us! Okay, I have to say, this isn't a bad apartment, it's just not the right place for a family. We had 2 people come and look at it last week, but haven't heard from either one. We have a great place lined up for us, but we have to find someone to take this lease first. Nobody seems to be looking for apartments right now. We're even offering some free furniture! I'm trying to keep positive by thinking that the semester is almost over, so hopefully we'll have more people interested for the next semester, since most of the people who are looking are probably college students. As long as we can get out of here before winter I will be happy.

So even though the apartment, and school are getting me down, at least I don't have to deal with colic anymore. I have a lot more to talk about, but duty calls, or should I say doody?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...