Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Reminiscing...

So I was just participating in my usual facebook stalking, and I found myself reminiscing about life before mommy hood. Just to add a disclaimer, before anyone jumps to conclusions, I wouldn't change anything about where my life is right now. I love my little family, and I know it's what I am supposed to be doing. But after looking at old photo's, and at my friend's profiles who used to be a big part of my life fairly recently, it kind of makes me miss how things used to be. I remember only months ago sitting around my apartment with friends, going out, and goofing off, or even just being a lazy bum and laying in bed watching TV all day. Things changed so dramatically, and I wish I had savored it more before Kynlee arrived. Being a mom is awesome and very fun, but it's also hard and doesn't allow a lot of free time with friends, or by myself. If I'm not careful I start to think about things too much, and get a little sad. I don't spend much time with my friends anymore, and I haven't had a full night's sleep, or more than a few hours away from parenthood in months, that's enough to get anyone down. But then I remember that while my friends have less worries, and time do things for themselves, I have something even greater which is my daughter. I wouldn't trade her for anything...maybe except for a margarita, KIDDING! It would be great if I knew people in Boone who had children. The only women I knew were in my prenatal exercise class, but the youngest was probably 29, and all have to busy of lives to be friends with a college student. It would be nice to have someone to hang out with who goes through the same things. But I love my daughter, and I love watching her grow. This adventure is really hard sometimes, but like I said, I wouldn't change it for anything. Maybe one day I will have something happy to share on my blog =)

2 comments:

  1. If you ever want to talk just call!!!! :)Know how it feels. At least you have a man you love to share it with and healthy beautiful baby girl. It's gets better I promise!!! And don't worry you are definitely not the only one that has those thoughts and doesn't make you a bad mommy at all. You can join us for Mommy night out next time you are in Asheville!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah, it means a lot. I would love to get together next time I can come to Asheville!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...