Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mommy needs sleep...

Kynlee didn't sleep well last night. I think she might be going through a growth spurt, because she usually wakes up to eat only once at night, but she woke up three times last night. Sometimes I wish I wasn't nursing so Corey and I could share the feeding duties, but since I'm pretty sure Corey doesn't lactate, I'm the one that has to stay up while she eats.

Needless to say, I am exhausted. She would pick a day that Corey has to work to stay up all night. When he got home from school, I was able to take about a 2-hour nap, but if it's possible, I felt worse than before I laid down.

Sleep is probably the thing I miss most about not being a parent. I hope to get acquainted with it again one day, but knowing my luck, I'll probably start getting a lot of sleep by the time we have our second child, and have to stay up at night again.

So I feel like death, and I'm probably going to hit the sack as soon as Corey gets home from work.

On a lighter note, I feel the need to share how things panned out with the argument we had last night. I mentioned how we hadn't said anything to each other in two hours. It's actually pretty funny how the first word was spoken. We live up on a hill, where we can see all of Boone, and last night someone decided to shoot off a random firework, and Corey laughed and asked if I saw it. I know, I know, I was supposed to be the bigger person, admit my mistake, and apologize first. I will next time I promise!

We talked things over, and I think we came up with a pretty good plan. When I am keeping things to myself, he likes to try to get them out of me, but that just makes me angrier. So we made a promise to each other, if that happens again, he will try his best to let me cool down, if I promise to talk to him about it when I'm ready.

We both feel this is the best solution to our problem, and if it doesn't work, we will figure something else out. At least we're being mature enough to realize we both have flaws, and we try to find a way to make it work for our relationship.

Maybe if i had more sleep, arguments would be few and far between...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...