Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Home..

Even though we're not completely settled in yet, it's been great being in our new apartment. We're having to work around having Kynlee, so when she is sleeping, we are trying to clean and organize. We don't have our bed up here yet, so we are sleeping in the living room, which is kind of uncomfortable. But of course, Kynlee doesn't know the difference. I really like our new place, but I wish I would have looked around more and found a place with air conditioning. It never really occurred to me how much we would need it until she arrived. I have lived in an apartment without it before so I thought it wasn't going to be a big deal. I really worry about her though. We have a window unit in each room, but it doesn't provide the same relief. The doctors tell us to judge how to dress her based on what we are wearing. If we're comfortable then a baby is probably comfortable. Everytime I see a baby on tv or in pictures they are all bundled up, but here in the apartment we have her in just a onesie, and sometimes socks. Even though her body temperature has remained normal, I'm afraid she isn't as comfortable as she would be in warmer clothes. I would love to swaddle her, because she seems to like it, but it seems like it would be far to warm. I knew going into this, that motherhood would be accompanied by worry. But I hate not knowing exactly what to do for her when she needs something. I wish I had a pediatrician in the family because I feel like I go to babycenter.com everytime I have a question about something. Because of my constant researching (and help from doctors. I'm not completely relying in the internet to help me care for my newborn) I have learned that her nasal congestion is completely normal, and with saline drops and a nasal aspirator, it should clear up. I have also learned that when a newborn's fontanelle (the soft spot on top of her head) seems soft, it's not always because they are dehydrated. As long as she seems content, and she is having around 8 wet diapers, and 4-5 poopy diapers a day that she is fine. I seem to get worried over the simplest matters. Sometimes I find myself wishing she would get a little older already so I can stop worrying myself sick over SIDS. But motherhood is a learning process for me, and another thing I have to teach myself is to stop worrying so much. There will always be a little worry to every day, but hopefully I can learn to not let it get to me, and enjoy every day while she is this age, because I know she will be grown in the blink of an eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...