Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Baby Kynlee continued...

Kynlee is a week old now, and so beautiful. When we took her to the doctor on Thursday, her pediatrician told us her jaundice had climbed quite high to 18. So they told us to put her on a Biliblanket which will give her phototherapy to help break up the bilirubin that her body is having a hard time breaking down. It's been really hard for me to have her on the blanket because all I want to do is cuddle her but we have to have her on that at all times except when she is feeding or getting a diaper change. Look at that, I sound like a mom already! The whole time Kynlee was cooking in my oven I was so nervous about how I was going to handle motherhood. I was so nervous her first night, and I was terrified to be left alone with her. My mom had taken a week of work to help us take care of her the first week. But it became pretty apparent that we wouldn't need. Except for the first night, everything started to come so easily to me. Taking care of her seemed so natural. Everyone says mother hood comes so naturally, but I never really believed it because I didn't think I was capable of keeping something so fragile alive. My amazing husband is one reason why taking care of her is so easy. Some dads might shove the responsibility on the mother, but he has been there the entire time, and gotten as little sleep as me. Okay, maybe he has gotten a little more sleep than me, but that's not saying much! I don't want to wish our time away and make her grow up quickly, but I am so excited to see her grow up. I am especially excited to see Corey continue to grow as a father. I have already seen a huge difference in how he views his life, and he has only been a dad for a week. I love him so much, and I love our little family that we have started. I am having such an amazing life so far. I'm hoping it can only get better from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...