Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Shakedown

Every night when Corey calls telling me he's on his way home from work, I begin the shakedown. What is it? I'm glad you asked. The shakedown happens between the time Corey calls, and the 15 minutes it takes for him to get home. I enter into a crazy cleanin momma mode, running all over the apartment straightening up before he gets home so it looks like I have been super mom while he's been gone. I revealed "the shakedown" to him one night, and ever since then whenever we are running short on time, we say it's shakedown time.

It's getting close to the end of the semester and it is now officially shakedown time. We have the day off tomorrow for Good Friday, and next week we only have 3 days of school before exams begin. This semester has gone by so fast, I can't believe it's almost over!

I wish I was graduating with the rest of my class but I will be following soon in December. Even though I hardly get to see my friends up here, I'm really going to miss the moments I do get to see everyone. It's sad to think of the people that are graduating and leaving Boone. It could possibly be the last time I see them :( I know we'll mean well and try to see each other, but we will all have such busy lives there is no guarantee. My group of friends greatly diminished once I became a mother, but a few remained and they are now graduating. My old roommates, Brook and Kelsey, are very busy just like me, and even though we didn't get see much of each other this past year, I know they would be there for me if I needed them. I love you guys, congratulations on graduating and good luck, you both are so smart, and you're going to do awesome things!
{Love you too Alex :)}

Whenever people leave I get really sentimental. I start to think about how much my life has changed, and where it's going. I feel like I should still be a teenager in high school waiting for school to be over so I can go play a softball game. But here I am, 22, about to graduate college and I'm married with a baby. Life sure does know how to throw curve balls doesn't it?

If I think this year has been crazy, I can't imagine where I'll be next year. It's shakedown time to decide on our plans after graduation. I feel like there will always be a shakedown. For school, for jobs, for life! I wish everything would just slow down for a bit. That's not going to happen, so I need to accept the fact that time and people are always changing, and I have to go with it, or I'll find myself getting behind.

So again, congratulations friends. I'm so happy for you. Good luck on the shakedown towards the end of the semester, and I wish you guys the best after graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...