Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

34 weeks and 5 days!

Well this is my first attempt at keeping a blog, so we'll see how this goes! I decided to start this blog so friends could keep up with how the rest of my pregnancy is going, and hopefully offer up advice, and funny stories to everyone else when ever I start the adventure of being a first time mom.
I know the title says "Mommy Life," but seeing as how I am still pregnant, I can't really blog about being a new mom just yet! It is getting very close though! I have a little over five weeks left, and I am very ready for our little girl Kynlee Jordan Moser to get here. Before I got pregnant, I had never known anyone close to me who had been pregnant, and believe it or not, I have never even held a baby. So I had no clue what to expect, and relied heavily on the internet, books, and my doctor. Being pregnant is a different experience than I could have imagined. Most of the time on tv, you only see the glamorous side; the pregnant "glow", the perfect baby bump, the blissful nine months of compliments on how amazing you look, the dramatic "water breaking", and over-dramatized labor. I wish someone would have told me how uncomfortable it can be, and how annoying strangers can be with their comments. I can't complain too much, I have had a relatively simple pregnancy. Other than being very tired, and having to take a billion bathroom breaks in the beginning, the first trimester flew by without the hint of a bun in the oven. I never had any morning sickness, and I didn't start to gaining weight until around the middle of my second trimester. I knew I was having a girl all along, and at 19 weeks the doctor confirmed my theory. Luckily we already had a name picked out, Kynlee Jordan Moser =) Everything has flown by so far. But now at 34 weeks, I am very uncomfortable and am so ready to get this baby out of my belly! Don't get me wrong, I understand she needs to finish cooking, and I want her to be healthy. I love that we are having a child, I just don't think I am the right person for pregnancy. Some people love it, which is understandable. I love some things, like feeling her wiggle around inside of me (most of the time, sometimes it hurts!) how my husband treats me, and the overall excitement of a baby on the way. But I hate how limiting it can be. I miss laying on my back, sleeping on my belly, caffeine, wine, hot tubs, not being limited on medications, roller coasters, my "skinny" clothes, my old workout routines, and sushi! I can barely eat, because I am running out of room in my stomach to fit a good dinner, I toss and turn at night because my hips hurt from sleeping on my side so much, and I'm not such a big fan of the stretch marks (though they're not bad so I really shouldn't complain.) My least favorite thing, is when strangers offer their unwanted comments and advice. I love the people who just say congratulations, but that is very rare. I don't want people telling me I look like I am about to pop, and there is no way I will make it to my due date, because I am too big. Maybe they should talk to the people who tell me I look to small. Also, don't try to guess if I am having a girl or boy because of how I am carrying, its really annoying and people get it wrong 50% of the time. Today I was just sitting at work minding my own business when a woman informed me that she used to be an ob/gyn nurse, and offered her opinions and experiences on my pregnancy. First she said she knew I was having a girl because I gained weight everywhere, pretty much calling me fat. I didn't realize she knew what I used to look like, and how much weight I've gained. But it got worse when she went in to detail about what happens to your body the last month, infront of all of my co-workers who did not need to hear all of those details. I've decided I am going to make a shirt that says "Yes I'm pregnant, I'm due July 21st, it's a girl, and I know I look like I am about to pop but the doctor says everything is normal, thank you!"
Wow! Sorry for the little rant I just went on, but for anyone who has been pregnant you know how it is, and for those of you have are planning on having a kid one day, it was just a little warning.
Well that was just a little intro in to how pregnancy has gone so far. I'll keep the blog updated the last few weeks until our girl gets here, then I'll share how life is going as a new mother. Thank you for going on this "blogging" adventure with me, and be patient as I learn everything, and get into the habbit of sharing my days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...