Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bet you thought you would never see me again!

Oh my life has been crazy. I've been leaving my blog for longer periods of time. Sometimes I think I'm done for good, others I regret not documenting our life. I especially hate that I have blogged so much about Kynlee growing up, but not so much for the new baby. New baby? Yup that's right, we're pregnant again!


We were very surprised with our new addition but so happy. We were lucky to find out at a 13 week ultrasound that it's going to be a little boy :) Most people would say that's not very accurate, but if you saw the pictures you would agree that there is no way to deny the gender. We have another ultrasound in 2 weeks, but I'm very sure it will still be a boy. If so we have decided on naming him Avett Grey!

A lot of people probably have a hard time understanding why we're having another baby and we're still in college. We didn't plan on this happening and I won't lie, I was a little worried about it at first too. I realized, though, that we're graduating in December, and we already have plans laid out for how we're going to support our family. I think it all comes down to the love and support we can provide for baby #2. I don't want to toot our horns but I feel that Corey and I are wonderful parents to Kynlee. She is happy and healthy, and there is nothing stopping us from giving that to Avett too. I absolutely love being a mom, and I can't wait to have another baby to love.

I had the easiest first pregnancy, and this one has been almost the same. I am so fortunate that I have never experienced morning sickness. There have been several times when I've felt like I needed to, but luckily nothing has happened. I think God knows how much I hate throwing up, and has blessed me with a strong pregnant tummy! The only problems I have had this go-around is blood pressure issues. I have been extremely hypotensive. My blood pressure has been consistently around 80/40, when normal is 115-120/80. This has caused me to feel faint about 50% of the time. It was really difficult trying to do my internship while feeling this way. I'm so embarrassed when I have to sit down because I become so pale and light headed that I might pass out. Unfortunately this happens with some pregnant women and the only thing I can do for it is learn to manage. I've been drinking a Gatorade every morning, when it's the worst, because that helps me get salt into my system to raise my BP.

Other than that, I can't complain about my experience. I think my favorite part about being pregnant is how easy it is for me to sleep. I have suffered from insomnia since my freshman year of college, but when I have a baby inside of me he sucks up every ounce of energy I have. I struggle to stay awake past 9:30. It's hard because Corey doesn't get off until pretty late, and I don't feel comfortable going to bed without him here. It took us 4 nights to watch Water for Elephants because I couldn't stay awake long enough to finish. That's pretty ridiculous! But I am LOVING all of the sleep I'm getting!

I tried to upload a picture of the baby bump, but it's not working. Maybe next time!

I meant for this to be a much longer post since I have sooo much to catch up on, but it's 8pm, I'm getting tired and I have a good book to put my nose in :) I promise I will be back more often though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...