Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

This isn't my child

As I sit here watching the baby on the monitor lay down with Minnie Mouse in her arms I'm thinking, "who is this baby, and what happened to my other one?!"

I sit her in the crib, kiss her on the forehead and walk out without hearing a peep. I even tried my luck with nap time yesterday, and she went down without a fuss. Today she even played in her crib a little before napping.

Seriously, this all seems too good to be true. I'm waiting for my night owl to come back. I don't feel normal getting this much sleep. She slept for 12 hours last night! Corey even went and checked on her at 8:30 because he was worried. She doesn't even have bags under her eyes anymore.

I feel so fortunate to have a good sleeper now. Her behavior couldn't come at a better time. I've proved I can handle being a full-time student and a mother, but now I have to throw an internship into the mix. In 2 weeks I will be going to school and interning pretty much full-time. I'm kind of nervous, but I know I can do it, and I'm a little excited to communicate with adults again haha. I'm also fortunate that I'll be working at a wellness center- I'm hoping it will motivate me to take my personal health more seriously.

I'm going to enjoy my second week of summer, which is sadly also my last. Life will be getting pretty crazy soon, and it's not going to slow down until December. If you need me this week, you will find me at the pool :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...