Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

So Proud!

We're not even a week into Kynlee's sleep training, and she has already made me so proud! As you know, last night I gave up and decided to let her "cry-it-out". She surprised me by going to sleep by herself in about five minutes. I had no clue when she would wake up last night, but she surprised us again by not making a peep until 7am! That's even later than she usually sleeps. It was such a wonderful feeling have a baby who put herself to sleep, and slept all night by herself. I felt very well rested the next day.

I decided to give the controversial cry-it-out method another try tonight, just to see where it would take us. After her bath, we sat on the couch together and wound down from the day. Right at bedtime I sat her down in the crib, kissed her on the head, and told her goodnight and that I Ioved her. No surprise, she started crying before I even left the room. Then I received a huge shock! She cried for about 30 seconds, then sat there quietly just like last night. I held my breath, thinking there was no way I would get lucky two nights in a row. About a minute later she laid right down and went to sleep. That was such a good feeling! I am so proud of her.

I'm hoping these good habits of hers will last. I can already tell we are all getting more sleep, and maybe the bags under our eyes will start to go away now.

1 comment:

  1. Yay yay yay! She is such a quick learner! -Brook

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...